This is a Sew-Together Day. Bring whatever you would like to work on. There will be an optional class offered as well.
CLASS: At 10AM, Beth Findley will teach a class on basic knit garment sewing. She will demonstrate how to make leggings and a pencil skirt. The patterns are free and need to be downloaded and printed before coming to class. These patterns can be sewn easily by a beginner!
Leggings pattern: http://www.patternsforpirates.com/product/peg-legs/
Pencil Skirt pattern: http://www.patternsforpirates.com/product/pirate-pencil-skirt/
- Serger (if you have one) or sewing machine with walking foot
- Ball point (knit) needles for your machine
- Knit fabric (see patterns for more details)
- Glue Stick
- Rotary Cutter
- Polyester Thread to match fabric
- Printed pattern Instructions and pages (We will put the pattern together in class.) Make sure you follow the printing directions! Open pattern in Adobe Reader and print at 100% scale (not "fit to page"). There will be a 1"x1" square to measure on the first pattern page to make sure you printed it correctly.
LUNCH: We will order out for food. Please bring cash to pitch in.
COST: $5 for the sewing day or $10 for the class and sewing day. Cost includes bottled water and all-day use of the facility.